[App_rpt-users] RTCM CTCSS input Tone settings

Gary Herzog Gmail kc5daq at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:02:55 UTC 2013

Ok this is my first time posting on this forum and I would like to thanks
everyone that has contributed to the Allstar project it has defiantly added
a new dimension to the hobby.

We are in the progress trying to get past the learning curve of adding two
RTCMs (S/W Version: 1.11 11/04/2012) to our system we currently operate here
in Houston Node 28099. I have them currently connected to Kenwood TKR-820s
configured as a simple radio interface and audio seems to be ok as set per
sw2-2,3 and sw2-4 procedures. I am normally used to setting the audio levels
via the radio-tune-menu but I am guessing that will not work in this case as
I get an error (Error parsing device parameters) on the server I have the
voter.conf files on. So from what I get out of this is the only place to
adjust any audio is on the TRCM and in the voter.conf file is that correct?
Another question is where do I set the ctcss decode settings as I can set
the CTCSS TX in voter.conf but normally the RX CTCSS would be in the
usbradio.conf file if it was a URI.. I am just trying to get some pointers
on setup and troubleshooting methods for the RTCM.

So my main questions are

Where is the decode CTCSS set at?
Is there a radio-tune-menu for the TRCM?
Where is the info that menu item 14 set debug level go so I can view it?
More may come later thanks to all :)
FYI I have gone through all the post on this reflector to find these answers
and read the rtcm_manual I am just stumped for the moment
Keep up the good work 73s KC5DAQ