[App_rpt-users] Upgrading node PC

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 14 06:33:44 UTC 2013

Thanks to all the replies to my post.

I've placed the original PC back into service (I check into the
WinSystem Insomniac Net most nights) as I needed to be on the air!
When I did this, I was not able to link to nodes immediately, I got a
"connection failed" message for around 10 minutes before I could link
again, I have experienced this before when the server has been turned
off for extended periods (on vacation).

I did not have both servers (new and old) running at the same time...
and I forwarded UDP 4569 to the new internal IP address.

While looking at "asterisk -r" with the new server, after the digits
were decoded to link to node 3560 (*32560), I did not get a connection
failed message back... just the normal telemetry beep (sounds like DTMF).

I'm going to fire up the new server again tonight and leave it going for
a while and see what happens.

My original question still stands.... do I need to transfer anything
else over to the new server apart from the .conf files found in
/etc/asterisk/  ??  Will this be enough to transfer the "identity" of
the server to a new machine?

Michael.
VK5ZEA