[App_rpt-users] Limey Help...

James Hill jrh at g0fhm.co.uk
Sat Jul 13 16:29:16 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

I've fixed the fsck on boot problem - I was using the wrong image.

However, I'm in need of some assistance with setup etc.

I've never played with this kind of setup before, so please excuse me if
some of the questions seem a bit basic.

First off, I cannot seem to get it to save anything. I changed the
timezone to GMT0BST, ran date and it showed the correct time. Reboot,
and it defaults back to PDT. Same as all the .conf files. The ones that
have been downloaded from the portal are ok (such as gps.conf,
echolink.conf etc), but I'm trying to modify rpt.conf & usbradio.conf
with nano. Again, it all saves just fine, but the moment I reboot the
thin client, everything is dropped and reverts back to the default settings.

Am I doing something wrong here? or is it just the nature of the system
I'm using? I cannot leave the thin client on 24/7 - that won't be
happening (it's powered by the 25A SMPSU I have in the shack, and the
fan is noisy for a start).

If it's a case of having to drop everything every time it gets turned
off, then I'll go back to the 2.5" HDD from the CF.

Unless I'm not doing something right?

Cheers,

James
29681