[App_rpt-users] How to turn on AllStar ID Requirements

Ralph rwf at bsrg.org
Fri Mar 29 12:50:44 UTC 2013

Whoa Nellie!

On Amateur frequencies, you can't throw the Part 97 rules out the window and
just declare you are now under part 15, whether or not you lower power and
use less antenna.

If people did that we would have repeaters full of bootleggers saying they
were "part 15" and didn't need no steenkin license.

And his personal base station has to abide some other rules as well, such as
those concerning auxiliary operation, and repeater subbands, etc.