[App_rpt-users] How to put in Custom Audio Ident

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Fri Nov 1 14:36:31 UTC 2013

If the sound file is not is the proper format it won’t play. Do not specify the file extension. See http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/142

Mac users can (optionally) buy Cepstral and download sox with macports:
swift -f inFile.txt -o outFile.wav
sox inFile.wav -r8000 -c1 -s outFile.wav
or
sox inFile.wav -r8000 -c1 -tul outFile.ulaw

The Apple multiple builtin voices are very good as well:
say -f inFile -o outfile.aiff
sox inFile.aiff -r8000 -c1 -s outFile.wav
or
sox inFIle.wav -r8000 -c1 -tul outFile.ulaw

Telemetry see: http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/96
Two guesses why your settings might not “stick”. 1) the portal configuration is downloading on top of your hand edits. 2) you have Limey and are not doing svcfg.

--
Tim
:wq