[App_rpt-users] DMK URI questions

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Nov 2 05:53:50 UTC 2013

About a week ago I asked about DMK URI connections to an Alinco radio and I got several responses. I do have a few more questions regarding that.

The Alinco has both flat and pre/de-emphasized audio available on its data connector as 1200 baud and 9600 baud connections.

I assume I would use the 1200 baud connections along with COS and PTT for a simple USB interface and the 9600 baud connections along with just the PTT for a DSP interface?

Do I use the  (Alinco 9600 baud) audio to the TX also? Does the DSP pre-emphasize audio or is the processing just on the receive side?

Why would I want to use one over the other (DSP vs simple USB)? Which is preferred and/or works better? I am thinking there might be some differing opinions here!

The DMK URI has both mic_DC and mic_AC inputs. Does this refer to frequency response or just that one has DC blocking?

If you are using flat response (DSP) would the audio in (from the receiver) connections at the URI end matter?

The DMK URI has both COS and CTSS inputs. Why would you use one over the other? When using DSP I assume neither is needed?

All of the questions above assume I am using the Acid release on a faster processor.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio