[App_rpt-users] Repeater Tail on URIx

Shaun Rudling shaun at pmbnet.co.za
Tue Nov 5 23:37:43 UTC 2013

How can I eliminate the courtesy tone/repeater tail/hangtime?

I am not sure what it is called, but it is the transmission that comes
back to you after you have keyed up. Some people use this to see if they
are "hitting" the repeater.

My problem is that I am setting up an AllStar Cross-band repeater linked
to a distant repeater in another city. The repeater tails of the two
sites, are chasing each other and the link cannot drop out.

I have tried changing the hangtime=300 althangtime=100      to
hangtime=003 althangtime=001 but it did not reduce or eliminate the tail.
This was in the rpt.conf file.

Shaun
zr5s