[App_rpt-users] announcements

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sun Sep 8 20:38:15 UTC 2013

I agree that this is a great feature that Xipar has. Also subjective, and I don’t know what they’re doing differently, but I have an easier time with level adjustments with Xipar (the automatic level setting for rxnoise seems to work a bit better), and at least on my radios, audio “sounds” better, better being kind of relative, yes, I understand that. However, it looks like xipar is missing a couple things that main line acide distro has, I mean besides that acid works with Allstar’s autopatch and dial-in service without additional fiddling. Doesn’t appear Xipar has the provision for recording or streaming from app_rpt. Also, it looks like ID pitch and volume are fixed (and a bit lo of my taste), and the echo link channel driver didn’t compile last time I tried a beta of it several months ago. And i at least don’t really need or want Freepbx. So, until or unless Echolink gets worked out along with streaming/recording, I’m sticking with acid, even in spite of some of xipar’s real advantages.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY