[App_rpt-users] Acid install help

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Tue Apr 15 12:55:43 UTC 2014

On 4/15/2014 2:43 AM, Bob wrote:

> I'm having the same difficulty only with a Gigabyte board. Looks like
> the ACID CD does not have the correct driver for the NIC. After the
> reboot, it tells me the cable is not connected, yet the lights at both
> ends of the connectors are working. (Sigh!)
>
> Linux newbie as well,
>
> Bob
>
> kk6ecm

I've seen this with several computers that I have installed the software
(ACID - XIPAR) on.  What I do is take a NIC card and temporarily install
it while loading the box.  It seems that the installs always see the
add-on NIC and gets past the install.  Then you simply remove the added
NIC and go forward.

YMMV

Kevin Custer