[App_rpt-users] URI and URIx Testing

Willem Schreuder willem at prinmath.com
Sat Apr 26 03:50:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Bob wrote:

> Most recent ACID distro from Allstarlink.org. Gigabyte C1007UN-D with 4 gig
> memory, and an SSD SATA drive.
>
> Built in with an IntelR Dual-core CeleronR 1007U processor (1.5 GHz)

The problem is not your configuration, it is the motherboard.  I have
tried that exact same motherboard and it just will not work.  I think it
is the NM-70 chipset, because I had another motherboard using the exact
same chipset with the same problems.

The simples solution is to get a different motherboard, e.g. the Atom
using the NM-10 chipset.

What you will find with the problem motherboard is that the alsa utils
such as aplay and alsa-mixer works perfectly.  You can play audio to the
URIx using aplay (connect up powered speakers to the audio out pins).
However, neither Asterisk nor uridiag will correctly output audio.

I have spend weeks trying to diagnose exactly what the problem is,
inserting diagnostic prints in both uridiag and the chan_usbradio code,
but I have not been able to figure it out what the issue is.  The mixer
settings seem to get set correctly, but the audio ends up nowhere.

If you simply get a different motherboard, you could download your exact
same config and it will work perfectly.  I tried that with my node on five
differnt computers, and the two using the NM-70 chipset would not work,
and the other three using differnt chipsets worked perfectly.

If somebody DOES figure out what makes this motherboard (or chipset)
whacky, I would love to know, but my advice is to repurpose that
motherboard and get one NOT based on the NM-70 chipset.

73 Willem AC0KQ

Dr. Willem A. Schreuder,  President,  Principia Mathematica
Address:  445 Union Blvd, Suite 230,  Lakewood, CO  80228, USA
Tel: (303) 716-3573   Fax: (303) 716-3575
WWW: www.prinmath.com   Email: Willem.Schreuder at prinmath.com