[App_rpt-users] DTMF digits on IaxRpt

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Aug 15 01:48:24 UTC 2014

Somehow this got off on rpt.conf while the original question was about iaxrpt a product written by xelatec which is not open source. If it was someone could probably fix the problem. You need to complain to the developer. The last time iaxrpt was updated was Jan 10, 2011. There are a lot of neat features that could be added to that application like adding the missing DTMF keys and including the ability to control PTT from other windows applications and not have it unkey off focus. If that were done it would work very nicely for digital interface application like fldigi. If you go to the iaxrpt website and register you can use the "call me now" tab to call one of the developers. Whether that works or not is another story but I suppose you could always email at the contact us tab.

Asterisk and app_rpt decodes the A-D keys very nicely. Run the asterisk client and press the keys, you will see them decoded.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio