[App_rpt-users] Web transceiver node display

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Aug 17 19:12:08 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

SIP and IAX2 are completely different protocols. It's rather like
comparing a Chevy to a Ford or English to Chinese---Both VoIP protocols
accomplish a lot of the same things, but, they aren't interchangeable nor
are they directly compatible.

However, there are many IAX2 toolkits out there, including some written in
Java, etc.  So, I recommend abandoning the notion of SIP for the Web
Transceiver entirely--go with IAX2 from the start. SIP won't do what's
needed for interfacing with the app_rpt code since SIP doesn't natively
pass the telemetry used by app_rpt, etc.

73, David KB4FXC