[App_rpt-users] RTCM 2m/6m Split Site

Chris Andrist chris at yeahmon.net
Sun Feb 2 18:17:06 UTC 2014

Steve,

It depends on how you want to operate your system.

The RTCM has a single connections for a receiver and transmitter, however they cannot work independently.

if you have planning on having your 2m and 6m repeater linked full time to each other then you can use 2 RTCM’s.

When someone keys up the 2m receiver it will also key up the 6m transmitter at that same site. As long as the 2 sites are linked then the audio will be transmit at the 2m and 6m site.

When someone keys up the 6m receiver it will also key up the 2m transmitter at the same site and the 6m transmitter at the remote site.

However if you would like to have the 2m and 6m repeater separate from each other you will need 4 RTCM’s. One for each transmitter and one for each receiver at each site.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris Andrist, KC7WSU