[App_rpt-users] Loosing TX

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 01:39:22 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 03:22 PM, Bob Roszkowski wrote:
> Group,
>
> I have a site that is acting strange.  I have a server with a
> VHF(Mastr II) and UHF(TKR-850) repeater, each with a URI.  Both
> repeaters are linked together locally.  I noticed while someone is
> using the machine, the TX will just stop while they are talking.  If I
> switch to the other repeater, the TX is working fine.  The URIs Red
> LED goes out.  This happens to both machines.   I have swapped and
> changed URIs and cables with no change.  Any ideas?

I've had that here before too, Bob.  Usually it takes a hard-boot (pull
the power till the caps discharge) to clear whatever issue occurs on the
USB buss.

Typically, it happens after I'm on HF (Ts-2000) with the Amp (TL-922A)
but barefoot, I don't have an issue.  Even if I'm not on HF, this
happens about once every 5 days, or so.

Machine is a Dell SCR Poweredge 4500, Motorola R-100 and TM-V7A on 2m
simplex.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR