[App_rpt-users] Loosing TX

Bob Roszkowski bob at w5evh.org
Mon Feb 10 19:46:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

In my case, the URI never seems to go dead.  I have seen that before but
the URI is able to receive audio.  After a few seconds, the red LED goes
out.  When the user unkeys, the repeater is able to TX again.

I had a problem with a PC that was acting up one time.  I needed to power
cycle the machine to get it to work properly.  My fix was to set a cron job
to power off the PC at 3:59am.  I set the BIOS to power on automatically
when power is restored (eliminating the need to press the power button when
power is applied).  I put a Raspberry Pi at the site with a relay
interface.  Made a script to ping the AllStar Box, if there was no reply,
it would cycle the relay off for 30 seconds, then back on.  If there was a
reply, it would wait 5 min and try once more.  Not the best way to resolve
the issue, but it was a way around it.  lol

With the Raspberry Pi in the cabinet, I had the ability to switch on and
off anything I wanted via relay.  I just needed to add more relays.  I had
SSH access to both boxes.  I also planned to put a DTMF decoder on the RX
of the repeater so I could hard boot the whole system if needed via RF.
Just didn't have time.  ;)

boB - W5EVH