[App_rpt-users] DMR to Analog/app-rpt

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:58:34 UTC 2014

My observations: I am not aware of anything for transmit. For
receive/decode I am only aware of DSD and a couple data related
utilities. For a repeater I think it might be possible to use plain
narrowband (12.5 kHz) radios with low level access to the
transmitter/receiver due to no timing constraints. However for
"subscriber unit" operation a USRP or similar would be needed due to
the on/off timing of TDMA.

With the OP25 Project's recent breakthroughs in trunking and CQPSK
simulcast reception, I believe some of them are now working on Phase
II P25. Given the very similar nature of the two technologies it would
seem a spin off of that would be a good starting point for DMR. I
would think a similar hook into Asterisk could be used.

I've been gong to send out an email on the OP25 list when I got time
with few questions, one being the existence of such a DMR project or
work being done toward it. I believe there a couple developers also on
this list so maybe they will chime in.

Brett KQ9N