[App_rpt-users] Does anyone have a working circuit diagramfor Baofeng/Kenwood to URIx?

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Jun 12 05:26:22 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

I'll mention that I'm currently using many (10+) BF-888s UHF Baofeng HT's
and they actually sound and work great. REALLY great! At $18 each,
including shipping, drop-in charger, lithium battery, etc., they are an
incredible deal. I have noticed the factory quality control isn't
perfect...But, hey--it cost $18!!!

I'm powering my "base station" HT radios using homebrew linear voltage
regulators (AKA: battery eliminator).

The only real issue I've noticed with the 888's is that they have pretty
noisy frequency synthesizers: meaning they won't make a very good
repeater. But, for a local coverage (few thousand feet), experimental/home
repeater or simplex base, they actually work nicely, with good quality
audio.

Try some! You'll be pleasantly surprised!

73, David KB4FXC