[App_rpt-users] URI build uniformity

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Mar 14 03:46:32 UTC 2014

The URI has the capability to use an EEPROM  to store the radio settings. The EEPROM is installed inside the cable connector to the radio so the settings are remembered for that radio and in that case when changing the URI it would read the EERPOM data for that radio. The cable would stay with the radio.  Most people do not use that method though and I suspect you aren't either. Without the EEPROM the config values are stored on the computer for the node so if you swap URI's and restart Allstar it should have the same levels for that node and radio. The config settings are stored in /etc/asterisk. So you can swap URI's but not radios (unless they were setup exactly the same) without changing anything.

The EEPROM option is an added cost when you buy it but you could buy your own 93C46 and wire it into the connector. The advantage would be that once you stored the configuration for the radio in the EEPROM you could connect that radio and cable to any URI and Allstar computer without further configuration. There is a setting for this in the simpleusb or usbradio config files.

As far as build uniformity, I cannot speak for that but my guess would be they are almost immeasurably close.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio