[App_rpt-users] RTCM and IPv6

ssedgwick ssedgwick at suddenlink.net
Fri May 9 16:20:23 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Working on a temporary RTCM setup to use while at the Dayton Hamvention and while at the hotel that does not have wired Ethernet.  What I'm trying to do is connect the RTCM via the Ethernet port to my Windows laptop that is tethered to my Sprint mobile phone that has internet.  I know there are much better ways of doing this, but this is what I have available without additional cost, and it's only going to be used for a couple days.  I have internet connection sharing turned on so the tethered internet connection is available on the Windows laptop Ethernet connection.  I have tested the Ethernet connection by connecting another Windows computer to the tethered laptops shared Ethernet connection and it works fine, but when I connect the RTCM it never connects.  I have DHCP enabled on the RTCM.  Looking at the tethered laptop ipconfig screen we see both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses listed, but I'm not sure it that the issue or if it's something else.

Any ideas what I could try to make this work.

Thanks,
Steve_WB8GRS