[App_rpt-users] Incoming connects

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 13:12:48 UTC 2014

I was thinking that Maybe the Allstar port has not been forwarded
Correctly.. Can you access your node via the Web Trancsiever and Echolink?
If its an Echolink issue it would involve crazy port forwarding of 4 ports
which.. I already forgot what they were bu you can find it via google.. I
think the default port for allstar was like 4569 another helpful hint i
have learned from experience is to set the node up using a Static Ip rather
than automatic because it it set to Automatic it could change on ya then
you would have to report forward the ports to that new ip.. Another thing
you could do since most Routersif today allow you to assign Ips via Mac
Adress is to set it Static from the Router there is a few good reasons to
do this one is that if some thing lets say was to happen and you had to
fall back on a backup internet connection our router system your node
provided that you have DynDNS setup on the node can relay the new ip info
and some times if your lucky might actually be able to get into the node
remotely with out having to go out to the repeater sight or node sight..

Not sure on your level of Knowledge with Linux but might go directly out to
the node and type in ( ifconfig )  Another thought is internally your node
has decided to run IPv6 more and more in the Server situations I have seen
IPv6 than ever before never would have dreamed of the day that I would be
using both Ipv4 and Ipv6 just a thought..

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
Phone: 618-553-0806
http://www.lorentedford.com