[App_rpt-users] Incoming connects

Keith Goobie keith at goobie.org
Sat Sep 13 13:27:00 UTC 2014

Wade.

Two things:

1. Can you send along the contents of the
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 and send along the data
returned when you execute ³ifconfig ­a²
2. Can you send along the port forwarding rules for your router (not what
you copy down, but rather the screen capture or if command line ­ cut &
paste.  Also what is the model number of the router ­ some do not properly
port forward UDP 4569 ­ for example some Linksys models.

If you are willing to experiment do the following at a cli ­ tcpdump port
4569 and send along a copy of the data capture.

Keith
VA3YC

On 9/13/14 9:12 AM, "Loren Tedford" <lorentedford at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> setup on the node can relay the new ip info and some times if your lucky might
> actually be able to get into the node remotely with out having to go out to
> the repeater sight or node sight..
>
> Not sure on your level of Knowledge with Linux but might go directly out to
> the node and type in ( ifconfig )  Another thought is internally your node has
> decided to run IPv6 more and more in the Server situations I have seen IPv6
> than ever before never would have dreamed of the day that I would be using
> both Ipv4 and Ipv6 just a thought..
>
> Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
> Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
> Phone: 618-553-0806
> http://www.lorentedford.com <http://www.lorentedford.com/>
> http://kc9zhv.lorentedford.com <http://kc9zhv.lorentedford.com/>
>

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 6:43 AM, REDBUTTON_CTRL <jrorke at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> Is you box on a static IP or DHCP?
>>
>> The default install puts the box on dhcp. After you load the sw then set the
>> box to a static ip. If the bnox is on dhcp you will beable to connect out but
>> inward forwarding doesnt work because the box is not on the ip configured in
>> the router.
>>
>> I see you node is reporting. Can you ssh into the box from another pc?
>>
>> Jon VA3RQ
>>

>> On 9/13/2014 2:45 AM, wade wrote:
>>> Good evening all,
>>>
>>>     I have been dealing with an issue for about a month now of nobody being
>>> able to connect to me, either from AllStar or Echolink. I can connect to
>>> them by radio or using the CLI and it works perfect. Audio is passed back
>>> and forth no drops, nothing. But no one can connect in. About 2 weeks ago I
>>> was forced to do a complete system reinstall due to a bad streaming install
>>> attempt. I thought maybe that would fix my incoming issue also. It did not.
>>> I can ping Google and everything is great, no packets dropped. During the
>>> course of this investigation I have gone through my router numerous times
>>> and the port forwarding is correct, UDP 4569 for AllStar, UDP 5198-5199 and
>>> TCP 5200 for Echolink. This setup has worked flawlessly for months after I
>>> set it up in it new location then it just quit.
>>>
>>> Any ideas that maybe I haven't thought of or maybe something to jar my
>>> memory?
>>>

>>> I also have had this message coming across the CLI constantly.
>>>
>>> "Warning  aprsthread: server noam.aprs2.net <http://noam.aprs2.net>  cannot
>>> be found"
>>>
>>> That was a short description as I can not copy and paste it to the computer
>>> I use to email from.
>>>
>>> I have tried "rotate.aprs.net <http://rotate.aprs.net> " and
>>> "rotate.aprs2.net <http://rotate.aprs2.net> " also with no success.
>>> Could the two issues be related at all?
>>>
>>> I would appreciate any help that can be given. I think it is something so
>>> basic I am just over looking it and I hope it is. But I wanted to run it
>>> past the experts to see if you guys had any other ideas

>>> Wade

keith at goobie.org
Keith Goobie
Richmond Hill, ON, CANADA