[App_rpt-users] Question about connecting an existing asterisk server (used as a PBX) with ACID version of asterisk via IAX2 trunks

Mitch Mitchell mitchmitchell1616 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 17:45:42 UTC 2015

All,
I have just set up my Allstar node using the latest ACID image.   I have the node connected to the Allstar network successfully, with Echolink and APRS interfaces working.
I am now trying to set up an IAX2 trunk between my existing asterisk installations and my Allstar node asterisk.
For background, I have Asterisk 8 on a 64 bit Intel machine as the main PBX, and an auxiliary PBX running asterisk 11 on a beagle bone black connected by an IAX2 trunk.  GIven the ease of set up there, I figured it would be relatively simple to connect the asterisk 8 machine to the ACID asterisk instance with another IAX2 trunk.   However it didn't work out that way.
I created an iax.conf file in /etc/asterisk/custom sub-directory on the ACID machine with credentials in the same format as I had used between the other two asterisks and then created a corresponding trunk on the asterisk 8 machine.   Both asterisks show the trunk as connected and running, but when I try to route a call from the asterisk 8 machine to the ACID machine, the asterisk on the ACID machine rejects the call claiming the sending node did not authenticate correctly.
Asterisk on the ACID machine shows some unknown information elements coming from the asterisk 8 box when it tries to authenticate the call so I am wondering if there is some version difference between the instance of asterisk running on ACID and the asterisk 8 I am using as my main PBX.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?   Anyone out there have a similar configuration where you tied an ACID machine to another asterisk instance using an IAX2 trunk?
Thanks,
Mitch Mitchell, AE5HO