[App_rpt-users] RB stability, was: Dial Watchdog Function

Kenneth Grimard n1dot1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:35:55 UTC 2015

hi dave

yes the remote base does cause a stability issue.
but for the part is does work.

but when disabled asterisk much more stable too.

i use the k0kn node swap script to enable and disable
by changing that rpt.conf with a different one and
restarting asterisk on the acid system.
trying to migrate to dial now.

having been trying to get to it work with dial due
to the support of new hard ware.

it has been fairly stable with the dial x86 so far.
except when using allmon2 via the manager interface
to access the remote base node. when that is done
it will cause asterisk to crash.

the ic-706 system built in to allstar is very nice
due to the voice readback of settings which is not
easy to do via ham-lib.

other wise it has been fairly stable providing i do not
do certain things to upset it and make asterisk unhappy.

the x86 system with a REAL serial port is the most stable
for cat control for the ic-706. I have had a lot of trouble
using a usb to serial adapters.

usb to serial is a real problem child on most system's even windows.

ken n1dot