[App_rpt-users] Raspberry pi status

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Feb 4 20:56:37 UTC 2015

Be very careful running Allstar on the Pi. It is subject to all kinds of problems including hangups. We already went through all the testing on that platform a year ago and that is why we are using the Beaglebone Black.

I can't understand why anyone would want to run Allstar on the Pi when you have a perfectly good and very easy to use setup with all the bells and whistles on the BBB that just works. Is it just because you have it sitting there and you want to use it? All of this stuff is so cheap. Buy a BBB!!!
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio