[App_rpt-users] Raspberry pi status

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Feb 5 03:11:30 UTC 2015

Just to set this straight. I am not dictating anything. The question was asked and I gave my opinion. You do what you want. We have already investigated it and I believe made the right decision based on a lot of studies by more than one person. If the person or persons that claim to have the pi running want to release and support a package that is fine but to say "yeah it works" and give that expectation to others who don't have any idea even how to start getting it to work raises false hopes. Most people don't want to mess with software and hardware. They just want something to work.

It is no small task to put together a package and support it. Most people appreciate what we have done. That being said anyone is certainly free to do whatever they want. Experimentation is the name of the game.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio