[App_rpt-users] Audio level for 2.5 KHz narrow band FM?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Fri Feb 6 02:52:19 UTC 2015

I'm playing with a 900 mhz repeater and most FM on 902mhz is narrow band.   As
this is a converted uniden LTR repeater it's setup for narrow band.

Looking at http://docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/node/92 which is the allstarlink
network standard, rather than 3khz of deviation before CTCSS/DCS, what's the
value I should be shooting for here in a NBFM system?

I've been researching it and there are some posts from 2009 by Steve, WA6ZFT
saying that 1.5 KHz of deviation should be the target.
Is there anything more official than this?  Can we add some info on this to
the docs site?

73's W9CR

--
Bryan Fields