[App_rpt-users] local rpt access via local extension?

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Mon Feb 9 05:42:49 UTC 2015

Jim,

In asterisk, there are normally many ways to achieve the same thing.
Don't make it more complicated if there is no need.

Put your phone extensions in the radio control section.
If you keep all the local extensions 4 digit and start with the same
number, you can do something like this example...

exten => 6XXX,1,Dial(sip/${EXTEN},20)   ;dial ext on this box
exten => 6XXX,2,VoiceMail(${EXTEN})     ;voicemail on noanswer

That would be a statement that would cover all 4 digit extensions starting
with a 6. my example has a voice-mail rollover. This way you do not need
to define every extension.

>From any extension you can dial the node number for the node you want to
connect to.

But to dial a phone extension from the repeater phone patch, you will need
a similar/same line in the [radio] context.

...mike/kb8jnm