[App_rpt-users] what am I missing ?

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Sun Jan 11 16:25:29 UTC 2015

Mike,

the correct dial is *6 6001 from the radio.To mesh node.
*6 5xxx to a extension on the local box according to your files set-up.

The first thing I see in you notes is that when dialing the 6001
extension,
If I understand your set-up is a external mesh node so you must make the
path to it in your dial string.

exten=_6XXX,1,Dial,IAX2/PBX/${EXTEN}        ;dial on pbx3

says if the 4 digit string starting with a 6 then dial a 6xxx extension
using iax2 with the PBX trunk.

PBX in my string is the name of the trunk through which my external
calls starting with a 6 go through and must be stated. If not on this
box, you need to tell it how to get there.

Now at the node that 6xxx extension is at, there must be a iax extension
that will answer a matching 6xxx call dialed.

Get this to work at the local box first (5xxx) before you attempt to
dial to a mesh node extension.

I guess I should ask...
what is on the other side of the mesh connection, a node or just an
extension?

...mike/kb8jnm