[App_rpt-users] simplex vs duplex for a home node

Elden Fenison w7ldn at w7ldn.com
Sat Jan 17 19:19:03 UTC 2015

Please excuse my ignorance on this. But one of the advantages of Allstar
over say IRLP is the ability to operate full-duplex. My understanding on
this is limited. But apparently full-duplex is not possible without setting
up a repeater.

Since many folks seem to setup nodes in their residences... is it common
for them to have repeater setups that allow them full-duplex operation at
home? Is there a relatively cheap/easy way to do this?

Any tips are very appreciated.  :)