[App_rpt-users] simplex vs duplex for a home node

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Sat Jan 17 22:57:18 UTC 2015

Both are done. I’ve had both at the house, just depends on how much effort you want to put into it. Right now, as there is nobody local I need to communicate with it runs as a simplex node, though on a repeater pair, listens 446.xxx and transmits 441.xxx. Probably confusing to anyone listening to it, but not an issue. I usually have a connection to a couple of repeaters in another state. But at another home I have a true simplex node on 446.000. When I get a wide area system back up it won’t be simplex.

I also have my node function with telemetry tones and hang time. So I know when I’m connected and when I’m disconnects.

Now full duplex is neat. I used to have a duplex Micor in my car back in the 70’s. Very slick.

George J Csahanin
W2DB 2360
Cedar Park, TX