[App_rpt-users] simplex vs duplex for a home node

Mark Johnston markjohnston73 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:07:39 UTC 2015

More then one way to use full duplex - depending on the situation, if you
are not in one location/at your node all the time, get an extra Baofeng ~$30
or as I usually do setup a sound fob ~$10 and make it a private node # say
1010 for example and connect it *2(yournode) or permanent connect - and
listen via speaker or headphones wired or wireless depending on how far you
need to go.

I started out with an autopatch/repeater back ~15 years ago... finally
ended up building a 440 Repeater, I still use a simplex radio icom 207 and
just monitor it with my private node via soundfob - easy/cheap! Also a
great way to listen to Allstar and save your HT's battery if your just
sitting at home anyway.

Can also duplex using a VOIP app on a computer/smart phone/tablet like
'zoiper' as an example... to monitor the audio of the node! I do this at
times using wifi or 3G/4G.
Just have to configure your asterisk to accept incoming connection from the
other device, rather trivial.

"Got Root?"

How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
*None. It's a hardware problem.*

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.
WINDOWS: Will Install Needless Data On Whole System
MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers.

A ntennas
P oorly
P laced
L acks
E ngineering

The best way to accelerate a computer running Windows is at 9.81 m/s².

*"I get paid to support Windows, I use Linux to get work done."*