[App_rpt-users] Duplex / Telemetry / Courtesy Tone Question

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 00:23:42 UTC 2015

On 01/28/2015 02:04 PM, Mike M wrote:
> Some entries have hard coded defaults where if you leave it out, it
> will default to something else, so if you want a silent telem, make a
> telemetry tone that is silent and set it as the tone.
>
> I think you'll need to set remotetx in [telemetry] to a silent tone.
> If you leave it out it will default to some hardcoded tone.  I use
>
> |t(0,0,10,2048)    ; silent  tone.

Uhm... not quite, Mike...

A tone group is a set of 4 comma separated integers formatted as follows:

|(frequency1,frequency2,duration,amplitude)|

frequency1 and frequency2 must be a number between 0 and 3000. These
specify the tone frequency in Hz.
duration is the tone on time in Milliseconds. amplitude is the relative
volume level of the tone or tones. This can be from 0 to 8192.

A tone group consisting of zeroes for amplitude and frequency will be
sent as a silent period.
A single frequency tone can be sent by setting frequency2 to zero.

Note: There must be no spaces between the commas, numbers, or the
parenthesis.