[App_rpt-users] Random Keyup & Hum

Mark Johnston markjohnston73 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:54:20 UTC 2015

Does anyone know what might cause this, (attached audio file)

I was having this on my node, using a GE Mastr II with URI and DSP to
decode the PL tone
123.0 - my first thought was feedback loop from the TX but it just happens
without anyone keying up or an ID occurring.

However also considered someone jamming / txing a near dead carrier with a
hum on their signal.

Tried reboot, and this would happen whether I was connected or not, it also
has the courtesy tone, which is the local tone, as if it was a station here
(local).

Changed the PL lower in freq and it all cleared up. Not sure what could
have caused it though?
As far as I know nothing has changed at the repeater site, haven't been up
there in ~ 2 months since the last change where I raised the antenna, from
10 to 30' and brought it about 15' closer to the repeater.

If anyone has a thought other then some station keying up to cause this,
jamming etc... what else could happen to do that?

73's

Mark KC7DMF