[App_rpt-users] Random Keyup & Hum

Sam Nabkey sam.nabkey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:12:53 UTC 2015

Sounds like 120hz from a bad power supply or an HT in a charger.  Changing
the pl away from 123.0 would eliminate the repeater keying but it still
would be present on the input.

Over my 30 plus years of repeater building  for commercial, public service
and amateur service I've seen lots of things causing this.  TV preamps long
forgotten in attics killing VHF repeater inputs and old unstable garage
door opener receivers wiping out a large segment of 455-458mhz miles from
the repeater.

Listen on the input from various parts of the coverage area and see if you
can hear it.  Start at the site and move away.

Good luck!

Sam - K8SN