[App_rpt-users] OT need to reprogram the router

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Tue Jul 21 00:44:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM, pete M <petem001 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ihave a remote site were I can ssh to the node..
>
> But someone that was trying to help debug a supposed network problem had the
> bright idea to put the node on dmz.
>
> That did not fix the problem (was a bad cholink password) but he did not put
> it back in normal mode before leaving the site..
>
> Now we have hacker that bang the machine like hell
>
> I cant go back there before a few day, and wonder if I could use the node as
> a redirector to access the web page of the router..
>
> I did try to enable remote management by telneting to the machine from the
> asterisk machine, but it did not work.. (it is a dd-wrt router) .
>
> Anyone can help me?

How about using SSH port forwarding to point a port on the Asterisk
server back at the dd-wrt web interface? Something like this:

ssh -L 8000:192.168.1.1:80 user at asteriskserver

This assumes: dd-wrt is at 192.168.1.1 with web interface on port 80.
Now run that command and go to http://localhost:8000/ in your browser
to access it.

Tom KD7LXL