[App_rpt-users] Bug with latest SVN on Raspberry Pi/URIx

Jonathan Merwin pyrodox at icloud.com
Tue Jun 9 09:37:07 UTC 2015

I'm not sure if this belongs here, or over at the Arm list.  But I've noticed a bug with the current SVN version of app_rpt on the Raspberry Pi 2 V1.0 Allstar system.

Initial setup is fine, everything is working well.  When I download the current SVN of app_rpt, complie and install it, I run into a bug.  I'm using the Raspberry Pi 2 version B with a DMK URIx.

After installation of the current SVN version of app_rpt, upon reboot, Asterisk/app_rpt will start as normal, I hear my repeater's ID, nodes connected, courtesy and function tones, etc.  It will repeat, all seems to be functioning normally... But after about a minute app_rpt throws an "HID thread died or something!!" error and starts flooding the Asterisk CLI screen with "can't detach usb device" errors from chan_usbradio.  At this point my URIx starts slow flashing.  Asterisk/app_rpt will no longer output any audio, it will not repeat, nothing.

Weird part is, if I call astres.sh, Asterisk/app_rpt will restart and work as normal, and it doesn't throw the HID error.  It only does this on a cold boot, after losing power, etc.

Has anyone else encountered this?