[App_rpt-users] node issues..

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Jun 27 03:11:00 UTC 2015

Go into the Asterisk client. Type -  asterisk -rvvv   - at the Linux prompt. You should see the 'hungup' status when you release the carrier - COR untrue - not when you key.  If you are not seeing the hungup command with COS change then there is either something setup wrong or a hardware problem.  At least in simpleusb.conf you either set  carrierfrom= usb   or  usbinvert     - usb is high +5 COS on signal and usbinvert is low (0V) on signal.  It has to be a good low!!!  Less than .5 volts and preferably close to 0V in that direction.

If you can isolate the COS line and connect it to +5 and ground  alternately you should see the hungup status in the client. If the logic is backwards the system thinks it is always keyed and will hold all output messages. When you are in that state it can be very confusing because nothing seems to work right.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio