[App_rpt-users] Audio to text

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jun 30 16:49:02 UTC 2015

Even the best speech to text system costing 10's of thousands of dollars would have trouble with the mixture of stuff you would hear over Allstar.

Disk space is cheap. Why not just record all the audio. If there is something you need to hear then play it back. Allstar has audio archiving built-in but it does save each transmission in a separate file which you could combine but it is a rather clumsy way to do it. Better to just use a voice recorder based on audio squelch on a PC off of an iaxrpt connection. There are a number of free packages out there that have audio squelch recording.
It depends what your ultimate goal is. Do you really want to hear everything or just have the capability to play back at a specific time if there is a problem.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio