[App_rpt-users] Audio to text

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jun 30 18:11:35 UTC 2015

>From time to time we have had similar problems here. I think everyone does. Fortunately it is only occasionally. If you archive using Allstar the files are time and date stamped. All you need to know is an approximate time and you could find it. If it is something you want to forward to the FCC or some other agency they don't want to see text they want to hear the audio.

Most "sysops" make a big deal out of this because they think it is their tail that is going to get cited. I don't know of one case where that has actually happened. Actually in a multi-node connected system they would have no idea where the offense actually came from but someone on the network should know and be documenting it. As long as you report a particularly egregious offense I would say you are off the hook.

It also helps to not acknowledge the offense. Just go on with normal activity. If you acknowledge it that just entices them to do more but saying something like "the authorities have been notified" or "we have the coordinates and we are getting close" sometimes scares them away - use your imagination.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio