[App_rpt-users] homebrew USB sound fob no RX audio

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 02:45:23 UTC 2015

On 03/02/2015 06:28 PM, Skyler F wrote:
> I have a question and a possible clue to the issue
> *Question:*
> Would a Dell dimension 8400 with a pentium 4 processer be able to
> handle two nodes at once? For the most part, the first node will only
> be connected to the second node and the second node will connect to
> remote nodes.

29655, 29656 and 29657 are all running here on one box...

#~> cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 2793.347
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 0
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5586.69

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 2793.347
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm

#~>cat /proc/meminfo

MemTotal:      1553368 kB
MemFree:        988632 kB
Buffers:        160608 kB
Cached:         294444 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:         299444 kB
Inactive:       217432 kB
HighTotal:      653872 kB
HighFree:       286196 kB
LowTotal:       899496 kB
LowFree:        702436 kB
SwapTotal:     1020116 kB
SwapFree:      1020116 kB
Dirty:             104 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:       61812 kB
Mapped:          18532 kB
Slab:            31192 kB
PageTables:       1544 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:   1796800 kB
Committed_AS:   137276 kB
VmallocTotal:   114680 kB
VmallocUsed:      9636 kB
VmallocChunk:   104172 kB
HugePages_Total:     0
HugePages_Free:      0
HugePages_Rsvd:      0
Hugepagesize:     4096 kB

#~> uptime
 20:42:06 up 10 days, 13:29,  1 user,  load average: 0.15, 0.17, 0.17

> *Possible clue to issue*
> So I was in the radio-tune-menu option number four, the CTCSS
> detection.  I first did it on node Number 1 and it worked fine just
> like always. I then tried it on node number 2 and it didn't work and
> everything was 0. Then I tried it with node number 1 but the USB
> devices swapped. Node 1 worked, and node 2 didn't. So there is
> something wrong where no CTCSS will get detected and it is always 0.
> Here is my USBRADIO.conf

You might want to find another USB buss.  Seems to me I recall someone
saying that there was sometimes an issue with running two usb sound fobs
on the same usb buss, maybe.

Sorry to be  so vague, but I really don't remember -exactly-, but I
-believe- it was along those lines.
Your mileage may vary

-Geoff/W5OMR