[App_rpt-users] Periodic plea for help

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Thu Mar 12 16:56:46 UTC 2015

My remote node connection is just over the internet. I use a start up
macro. The connection at the offending node is a static IP on a business
class cable modem. The remote node is also a cable modem but not a static
IP. I checked this morning and the IP has not changed.

Zoiper is being run on a windows 7 laptop 24/7. It has run fine for many
months. Starting about a month ago it is dropping every evening. The zoiper
program says "normal call clearing" I am supposed to get an email from my
node with connect/disconnect notices. I've noticed I do not get a
disconnect notice from the remote node or zoiper. Although if I manually
hang the call up I will get one or if I disconnect the node.

It is as if my node is shutting down all remote connections nightly, but
I'm not sure why or where to look.