[App_rpt-users] 'any radio' to controller/URI interface

Steven Donegan steve at donegan.org
Sun Mar 22 20:38:33 UTC 2015

Taking the youtube video posted by one of our group I have designed an interface between 'any' radio and a micro-node.com nano-node. The interface basically generates COS from VOX output of the radio - the radio will have to do the CTCSS bits itself. This, with a simple adapter cable should also work with a URI-X. Right now the bare board is designed and mostly laid out - the relay (see JP1-4 pins) isn't physically laid out as I am awaiting the DIP reed relay module to finish the physical layout.
This should allow any radio to be used for repeater purposes. Please don't tell me about HT's not being up to the duty cycle :-)

After I fab and test the boards I will make the 'final' versions available as Eagle schema/board files, as bare boards, or as kits - all components have been sourced via Jameco so I will add a BOM to the Eagle files ASAP after it works :-) Physical size looks like about 1 inch by 2.5 inch or less.

Raw cost, via my fab, looks like <10$/PCB at the moment (final may be more like 7$ - trying to reduce area) - add the Jameco bits and I believe <20$ complete is possible.
Feedback on the design is welcome :-) ____________
Steven Donegan
KK6IVC FCC General Class License
SSCC/NORC Life Member, Car #86