[App_rpt-users] DMK URI COS Level / Kenwood TKR-850

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat May 9 20:12:36 UTC 2015

Further to my previous post, the COR and PL inputs have a dc blocking
diode. This prevents external DC from affecting these inputs. These
inputs are internally pulled up. So any external DC will not affect the
URI from detecting a change. Only grounding these pins will cause a
signal change. They can either be pulled low on signal detect (active
low) or pulled low with no signal and left to float when there is a
signal (Active HI).
If the external device sources a voltage and does not pull to far enough
to ground, then it wont work. But if the input signal does pull to
ground then it will work. It is not necessary for the external radio to
source any voltage to interface with the URI COR or PL inputs.

I regularly use NPN transistors on some radios to give me an open
collector that pulls low(ground) when the COR or PL decode is active.

Jon VA3RQ