[App_rpt-users] DMK URI COS Level / Kenwood TKR-850

John wb5nfc at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:15:37 UTC 2015

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys!I

Mike: I've played with the logic in both states just to be sure. Nada
inverted or not. I'm just getting back to this project after a number of
months, so I'm sort of starting all over again. Just got everything pulled
out of the motorhome so I can start digging a liitle deeper. IF memory
serves.... the URI acts like it's loading the circuit. When not connected
to the URI, the aux output on the Kenwood switches with received signal
from 0 to 5 V or 5 V  to 0 depending on how it's programmed. I'll try your
suggestion of applying +5 vdc or ground to the URI...

Doug: No indication of change while monitoring the asterisk client. Checked
to make sure I was set for repeater operation in the config files and all
was well there too.

David: This is the same issue you tried to help me with several months ago
but I still couldn't get things going before I hit the road for the winter
- even with all of the great info you provided. I reviewed your notes again
before tackling it again -- including checking all my wiring for the
umpteenth time. Just wasn't sure if there might be some difference between
your V2's and my V1. I'm just grasping for straws at this point.

Got everything off the shelves and spread out now so let the
troubleshooting begin....

John

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Doug Crompton <doug at crompton.com> wrote:

> If it is positive true COS anything above +2 should assert COS -  in that
> case you would be using usb NOT usbinvert in your config.  COS is blocked
> by a diode so anything up to 20+ volts on a high is OK. It does have to go
> to a good low - 0V if possible.
>
> Obviously if it is negative true COS it would be just the opposite and
> using usbinvert.
>
> Go into the client - asterisk -rvvv  and watch the log. You should see a
> hungup status on drop of signal. You can exercise this manually for testing
> if desired.
>

> *73 DougWA3DSPhttp://www.crompton.com/hamradio
> <http://www.crompton.com/hamradio>*
>

> ------------------------------
> From: wb5nfc at gmail.com
> Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 12:49:35 -0500
> To: App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] DMK URI COS Level / Kenwood TKR-850
>
>  Is the 0-5 Volt COS swing on a Kenwood TKR-850 sufficient to switch the
> COS on a DMK URI? Can't seem to get my system to repeat. I'm out in the
> 'boondocks' with very few parts and a long way from a Radio Shack. Just
> hoping I don't need to buffer the COS somehow to get it to switch.
> John

John Kenney