[App_rpt-users] Noise heard

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Fri May 15 14:12:49 UTC 2015

So ever I put my mastr ii on the air with acid using a dmk uri using usb
radio. Ok hopefully I've given enough specifics.

Certain users I hear on the repeater will sound like someone is quickly
turning the audio on/off real fast or another example like I have a loose
intermittent connection and someone is jiggling the wires which I know
isn't happening. It isn't very noticeable but where the repeater normally
sounds very good the one little hiccups is noticeable. A user yesterday was
telling a story and was quite excited so he was hot audio wise.

I know people  have spoken of limitations with the DSP and audio. Is this
some sort of thing with the DSP going nuts and doing  something  strange
with the squelch.

I've tried my best to explain it over email. I might be able to record it.
I can also give more details if needed.

It's really not a big deal, just would be nice to know what it is.

N1XBM
Apparare Scientor
Paratus Communicare
Allstar Node # 27086, 41540, 41812