[App_rpt-users] Help on the obvious please !

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Wed Nov 25 19:37:38 UTC 2015

If you are looking to connect to nodes on the allstar network from your pc, use the
web transceiver. That is what it was built for.

To set  iaxrpt up with a specific node outside of your nat, that node would need to
set-up a path through their firewall to their nat.

iaxrpt was made for local network/nat. Not that it can't be conscrewed to do
otherwise. But that requires specific set-up for the path for each willing
participant. It is merely a "phone extension" as a iax software interface attaching
to a pre-described iax port in asterisk.

...mike/kb8jnm