[App_rpt-users] DIAL Distribution Question

ronald simpson n6gkj1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:31:04 UTC 2015

I am having great success running a full ACID install from a ram drive.

My machines run 4gb RAM no hard drive. I boot from a flash drive into the
RAM Drive. My configs are stored in a 2nd partition on the flash drive.

My /etc/fstab mounts the 2nd partition to /mnt.

My configs are copied from /mnt/etc/asterisk to /etc/asterisk every time
the machine reboots.

I like this approach for many reasons. The main one being file system
integrity. If my flash drive dies I replace it with a back up.

The whole node runs from ram. I have no glitches. If my system gets hacked
nothing is permanent, rebooting cleanses the file system.

If anyone wants more info just ask.
I will share my work with anyone who asks...

This will NOT run on a BBB or RPi

This build is for a dual core Intel. Specially the Atom processor. But
should run on any dual core processor.

I run this build in my HP T5745 THIN CLIENTS.

The filesystem is 1.7gb compressed down to about 450mb.

I use a 2gb flash drive and have lots of room left over

My next project is to rebuild this system using DIAL.

73,
Ron N6GKJ