[App_rpt-users] DTMF help

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Sep 3 14:31:33 UTC 2015

Although this could be done within Allstar I often prefer to use bash scripts to control things. Anything you can do manually in Allsar or anywhere else in Linux you can do in a script.

The script would look like this. Store all your scripts in one place,  like /etc/asterisk/local  where they would be backed up with your Allstar configuration when you did that. You could call this script "whatever_disconnect" or any name of your liking. Once you create it make it executable -   chmod 750 whatever_disconnect

#! /bin/bash
# Example Script to control things in Allstar
# Replace node with the node you are controlling from

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun <node> *127086"
# you can add more commands here if desired.

#end of script

Repeated for other commands.
Then in rpt.conf under the functions stanza -

[functions]

Other stuff already there.....

821=cmd,/etc/asterisk/local/whatever_disconnect
A DTMF of *821 will then execute the script.

You also have the option of creating a cron that executes the script at a specific time.

crontab -e     then enter the command.  crontab -l to view cron's

 30 12 * * * /etc/asterisk/local/whatever_disconnect

This would execute the script everyday at 12:30 PM.

When creating DTMF sequences make sure they are unique. Your example would not work as *1 or *3  are already used as single digit commands. You are generally safe in the *8xx range but check your functions stanza to see what is being used. Also any A, B, C, D prefix is usable as long as you have that capability on your handheld.

You can execute the script you create manually from the Linux prompt to test it. You must reload rpt or restart Asterisk when you change anything in that file - rpt reload or astres.sh.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio