[App_rpt-users] Allstar node / D-Star

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Sep 22 17:07:07 UTC 2015

Thomas,
As Jon said the BF888 will not give you access to the signals you need
for D-Star.
For D-Star you will need discriminator receive audio and modulator
transmit audio.

You can add D-Star to a RPi2 running AllStar. You would have AllStar
running one radio or a repeater if you wish and a second radio running
D-Star at the same time. They would not talk to each other. I've done
this running Debian Jessie on the Pi2. AllStar on one radio and  and the
G4KLX D-Star repeater software on the other.

I know this will work on Debian Jessie on a RPi2, can speak to any other
RPI "image"

73, Steve N4IRS