[App_rpt-users] Allstar node

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Sep 24 12:36:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

I agree that surplus Motorola hardware is an excellent way to go, except
from a TX duty cycle standpoint. I've built a couple portable repeaters
using a pair of 888 radios now and they run very high duty cycle with no
issues at all--not even needing any forced air cooling. The chief downside
to the 888 radios is synthesizer noise, and they are NOISY! So, that is
one major limitation is building a high-performance repeater.  But, for a
local coverage or experimental unit, they're great!!

73, David KB4FXC